These Are the YouTube Statistics You Should Be Aware Of
YouTube Statistics is always the uncontested king of online videotape. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the most important YouTube data for marketers and video creators today, along with a bonus guide to tracking your own statistics on YouTube.
Since its inception in 2005, YouTube has gone a long way. That was the year the first YouTube video, titled “Me at the Zoo,” was released, a 19-second video of co-founder Jawed Karim at the San Diego Zoo.
Another video just took a month to reach one million views for the first time. Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion in equity less than a year later. YouTube would go on to add YouTube Music, YouTube Kids, and, most recently, YouTube Shorts in January 2022 to its portfolio.
YouTube is now one of the most popular websites in the world, and it’s almost synonymous with internet video. It’s become a place where videos go viral, where creators base their entire careers, and where singers and filmmakers debut new stuff.
YouTube is the most well-known name in internet video, both as a destination for those looking for something to watch and as a source of income for artists.
We’ll go through the most essential statistics on who uses YouTube, how people make money on the network, and the internal metrics creators should be aware of.
General YouTube statistics to be aware of
Let’s start with some general YouTube statistics: how people use it, how people make money, and how Shorts fit in.
Statistics on YouTube Usage
YouTube is the world’s second most visited website, which means there’s a lot of stuff and a lot of people watching it.
We’ll take a closer look at those YouTube video numbers in this section.
How many YouTube videos exist?
This figure fluctuates since an estimated 3.7 million videos are posted to YouTube every day – that’s more than 150,000 every hour. Based on this, we may estimate that there are over 800 million videos on YouTube.b
How many YouTube followers are there on average?
YouTube presently has over 51 million channels, yet the number of subscribers for each of those channels varies greatly. Subscriber numbers are also continually changing, making it difficult to establish an average.
According to this study, the average account takes 254 days to reach 1,000 members.
YouTube has how many daily active users?
According to stats, YouTube has more than 122 million active daily users. In the United States, 62% of YouTube viewers visit the site every day.
YouTube has two billion active users every month.
Which countries have the most YouTube users?
The best numbers we have are YouTube’s own statistics on potential advertising reach for different nations, which we can presume is strongly related to the number of active users.
The top ten are as follows:
- India has 467 million internet users.
- 246 million users in the United States
- Brazil has 140 million internet users.
- Indonesia has 139 million internet users.
- Mexico has 81.8 million internet users.
- 78.4 million users in Japan
- Pakistan has 71.7 million internet users.
- 70.9 million users in Germany
- Vietnam has 63 million internet users.
- Turkey has 57.9 million internet users.
Which country has the greatest proportion of YouTube users?
This metric measures how many people in a country use YouTube as a percentage of the total population. In essence, the penetration rate.
The top ten list appears to be considerably different here:
- 94.9% in the Netherlands
- 94% in South Korea
- 93.8% in New Zealand
- Sweden (93.7%)
- 93.2%: United Arab Emirates
- 92.1% in the United Kingdom
- Denmark has 91.9% of the vote.
- 91.8% in Switzerland
- Canada has 91.7%.
- Spain: 91.6%
In the United States, around 72% of the population uses YouTube. With 32.8% of the population watching YouTube videos, India is far behind.
Revenue and YouTube advertising figures
Let us discuss money! A lot of money is spent on YouTube commercials, some of which Google keeps and some of which help content creators’ careers.
What is the typical wage on YouTube?
Payouts from YouTube range from a few dollars per month to thousands upon thousands of dollars per month. It all comes down to the number of views your videos receive.
It’s also worth noting that in order to earn a share of ad revenue, producers must be a part of the YouTube Partner Program. To be qualified, creators must have a certain number of subscribers and views, as well as adhere to all YouTube guidelines and policies.
According to Yahoo Finance, the average weekly income from YouTube in the United States in 2022 for participants in the Partner Program was $1,154. (Keep in mind that these averages might be distorted by outliers driving the mean considerably up.)
Of course, the Partner Program isn’t the only way to make money as a YouTuber; learn about additional options here.
What does YouTube pay for 1,000 views?
According to Yahoo, the average YouTube Partner payout is $0.18 per 1,000 views. The figure will fluctuate based on how much it costs to broadcast advertisements on a certain video. Ads in more popular categories, such as personal finance, are often more expensive to run, making those ad placements more profitable for the author.
Advertisers normally spend between $0.10 and $0.30 per picture. YouTube keeps 45% of the earnings and gives the remaining 55% to the content producer.
Check This Out: How to Include Subtitles in YouTube Videos
What is the global ad revenue of YouTube?
YouTube’s ad income is expected to reach $30.4 billion in 2023.
What is the possible reach of YouTube advertisements?
YouTube has 2.51 billion active users worldwide, making it the social media channel with the greatest potential reach for advertising. To put this in context, that equates to over half of all internet users worldwide!
YouTube creator statistics
Now we’ll look into YouTuber data, such as who’s making the most money and views, and how many channels have different tiers of subscribers.
Who is the most well-paid YouTuber?
MrBeast is the highest-paid YouTuber, earning a projected $54 million in 2021, according to Forbes.
Here is their whole top ten:
- MrBeast holds a net cost of $54 million.
- Jake Paul’s net worth is $45 million.
- $38 million for Markiplier
- $30 million for Rhett and Link
- Unfathomable: $28.5 million
- Nastya’s net worth is $28 million.
- Ryan Kaji (Ryan’s World) has a net worth of $27 million.
- Dude Ideal: $20 million
- Logan Paul has a net worth of $18 million.
- Preston is worth $16 million.
Who has the most subscribers on YouTube?
While MrBeast has the most subscribers, the total channel with the most subscribers is T-Series, an Indian music label, which has 243 million.
Here are the top ten most-subscribed-to channels in May 2023:
- 243 million for T-Series
- MrBeast: 160,000,000
- 160 million cocomelon
- Sony Entertainment Television India has 157 million viewers.
- Kids, 112 million people watched the Diana Show.
- PewDiePie has 111 million followers.
- Nastya has 106 million followers.
- 97.8 million for Vlad and Niki
- 95.5 million for Zee Music Company
- 95.3 million for WWE
How many YouTube channels have more than one million subscribers?
YouTube does not provide official statistics on how many channels achieve the million subscriber mark, but we may estimate a figure based on publicly available data.
In 2023, we project that there will be 41,900 YouTube channels with over one million subscribers.
How many YouTube channels have 100,000 or more followers?
Around 388,500 YouTubers will have over 100,000 subscribers by 2023. That is a 21% increase over 2022.
How many YouTube channels have a following of 10,000 or more?
In 2023, there will be 2,900,000 YouTubers with more than 10,000 subscribers. That’s over six times the number of channels that have passed the 100,000 mark.
Statistics for YouTube Shorts
Finally, we’ll take a look at YouTube Shorts, the platform’s response to short, vertical videos.
How many YouTube Shorts are there?
By 2022, 12 million channels had posted 213 million shorts.
How many people watch YouTube Shorts on a daily basis?
YouTube Shorts topped 50 billion daily views in February 2023.
How many people browse YouTube on their phones?
YouTube Shorts are tailored for mobile watching, particularly on the YouTube app, and mobile devices account for more than 70% of YouTube watch time.
Expert Tip: Repurposing your short-form, vertical video content for several channels will help it go further. Uploading Instagram Reels to YouTube is one approach to kickstart your YouTube Shorts plan. TikTok videos can also be repurposed from YouTube.
Statistics for YouTube Videos
Here are some random YouTube statistics.
Which YouTube video has the most views?
It may come as no surprise that music videos are the most popular on YouTube. The Baby Shark Dance video has received over 12 billion views since its release in June 2016.
The music video for Luis Fonsi’s “Despacito” is the second most-watched video.
What is the gender distribution of YouTube users?
In the United States, women utilize YouTube slightly more than males. The precise split is 51.4% female and 48.6% male.
What age groups are YouTube users?
YouTube’s viewership is younger – 77% of internet users between the ages of 15 and 35 watch YouTube.
What do people look up on YouTube?
According to Semrush, the following are the top ten YouTube searches worldwide:
TikTok Minecraft Comedy
ASMR Tik Tok Fortnite Musica BTS Pubg Free fire
Your YouTube Analytics
Let’s delve into your personal YouTube stats—the metrics that show you how many views, subscribers, and interactions you get on the network.
How to View Statistics on Your Own YouTube Channel
The quickest way to examine your stats is to go to YouTube Studio’s Channel Analytics area.
- You may examine your views over time, watch time, and subscriber growth in this section. Stats for your YouTube Shorts and lives are also available. You can also uncover information about your viewers’ demographics, such as age, gender, geography, and other channels they watch.
- You should be aware of the YouTube channel statistics.
Views: The number of people who watch your movies. To be sure, it is significant on its own, but other statistics, such as those listed below, will provide further insight.
- Watch time: Because YouTube’s algorithm favors channels with a high watch time, you want visitors to spend as much time as possible watching your video material.
- Audience retention indicates whether or not viewers are viewing your video content from beginning to end.
Impressions and click-throughs: This metric indicates how many people saw a thumbnail for one of your videos and then clicked on it.
- Audience demographics: Are you reaching the desired ages, genders, and locations? This can inform you whether you’re reaching your intended audience or attracting an unexpected new section.
- Subscribers: Examine not only your subscriber increase over time but also the percentage of your viewers that are or are not subscribers. Encourage unsubscribed viewers to press that button if you’re getting a lot of them.
- Sources of traffic: This will inform you how viewers found you, such as if they came from the site or were recommended by another video.
- Track statistics to help you grow your YouTube videos.
- Understanding how YouTube works entails being aware of the bigger statistics that influence the platform as well as your own internal data. Combine that knowledge to advance your approach and expand your channel.
FAQ on YouTube statistics
How do I view YouTube statistics?
To view the statistics for your own channel, launch YouTube Studio and navigate to the Channel Analytics tab.
What is the most popular video according to YouTube statistics?
Music videos are among the most popular videos on YouTube. The most popular video on YouTube is “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee.
How do I view my monthly YouTube views?
To view the statistics for your own channel, launch YouTube Studio and navigate to the Channel Analytics tab. The date field can then be modified.
Can you see YouTube channel statistics?
Yes! To view the statistics for your own channel, launch YouTube Studio and navigate to the Channel Analytics tab.
How can I view the statistics of other YouTube channels?
You can’t see extensive metrics for other channels, but you can see the video’s views, likes, and the channel’s subscriber count when you open an individual video.