What Is Potato Biscuits
The dough for Potato Biscuits contains mashed potatoes, making them a particular variety of biscuits. The mashed potatoes give moisture and structure to the biscuits, resulting in a softer, fluffier texture than typical biscuits. Potato biscuits can be used as a breakfast sandwich filling or as a side dish. They are a favorite comfort dish in many parts of the United States, especially in the southern states. Depending on the recipe, potato biscuits can be made with a range of components, including wheat, butter, milk, sugar, and salt.
- 2 ½ mugs of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of the baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ mug sugar
- ¼ mug butter or margarine
- 1 ½ mugs of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, battered
- ⅓ mug cold water
- ⅓ mug milk
- 2 tablespoons milk, or as required
You May Also Like To Read: Note For Instagram
- Preheat the range to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Cue a baking sheet with a parchment document.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Clip in butter, until chips of butter are no bigger than peas. Utilize a fork to stir in mashed potatoes, splitting them up into chunks. Construct a well in the mixture, and course in egg, water, and milk. Move into a loose dough using the fork.
- Rotate the dough out onto a floured texture, and knead for 6 or 8 times so the dough maintains together. Pat the dough out to about 3/4 inch thickness, and slice it into rings with a biscuit edge or drinking glass. Put biscuits onto the prepped baking sheet. Dust the lids with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min in the preheated oven, or until the bases are golden.
* Percent Daily Deals are founded on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your everyday deals may be higher or lower leaning on your calorie essentials.
** Nutrient information is not Public for all ingredients. The charge is based on public nutrient data.
(-) Information is not nowadays open for this nutrient. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult with your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for secret consumption.
You May Also Like To Read: Double Chocolate Paleo Donut Holes