Banana Shake is one of my favorite drinks, and it is a really tasty and refreshing drink or beverage. Banana Shake, or we can also say banana milkshake is creamy and healthy, made using banana and milk. Banana is one the world’s most common and most healthy beneficial fruits. The banana shake sometimes referred to as a banana smoothie, is a really tasty drink with many benefits. Due to its benefits and creamy taste, it is very common worldwide and is liked by almost everyone.
How to make Banana shake
In this blog, I am going to tell you the benefits of banana shakes and also how to make an easy banana shake with very easy and simple steps. Also, read until the end to discover some tricks to make your banana shake tastier and keep it fresh for a long time. So, let’s go…
Banana Smoothie Ingredients
Well, this is going to be a simple banana shake recipe. Therefore, I will use simple ingredients, not adding too many elements, just keeping it simple. Because simplicity is the essence of happiness and health. The following are the common ingredients for an easy and quick banana shake recipe:
- Banana: Well, obviously, it’s a banana shake, so you will need some bananas. I would advise you to choose a ripe banana. As ripe contains more potassium than a green (unripe) banana.
- Milk: Milk and banana are other necessary ingredient for our banana shake. Boiled milk is best for banana milkshakes, but you can also use raw milk. If you are a vegan and prefer non-dairy products, you can also use plant-based (non-dairy milk).
- Vanilla Accent: Vanilla Accent or vanilla extract gives our banana shake a delicious and sweeter taste. You can also use vanilla ice cream in place of vanilla accent. it will make your banana milkshake more creamy and thick.
- Cardamom Powder: It is a spice with an extreme, slightly sweet flavor comparable to mint. Cardamom has many benefits it s good for people with high blood pressure, helps with digestive problems, etc. Therefore, adding cardamom powder to our banana shale will be really beneficial to both its taste and our health.
- Almonds (optional): Almond is a really advantageous dry fruit that impacts our health. Almonds are rich in nutrients like magnesium, vitamin E, dietary fiber, etc. Almonds make our brains sharper and our muscles stronger. Also, they improve the health of our bones.
- Ice: Ice can be called an optional ingredient if you are using frozen banana and cold milk, then it will not be quite a necessary ingredient. But if you like cool and chilled banana shakes, you must add some ice cubes.
Banana Shake Recipe
Making a banana shake is really easy and can be done with perfection by an amateur person. You just need the right technique and the right equipment, and last but not least, the right recipe. I’m going to tell you how to make a banana shake by following a couple of simple steps:
Take a ripe banana. Peel the banana and cut it into small pieces with the help of a knife. Because small pieces of banana are easy to blend, in this recipe, we are using vanilla ice cream instead of vanilla accent because we want to give our banana shake a creamy and thicker texture.
Now, add the pieces of banana to the jar of the blender, or you can also use the large jar of a mixer grinder jar.
Add a pinch of cardamom powder to the mixture to give it a unique taste and to add up its benefits. Only add a pinch of cardamom, not more than that; otherwise, it will taste more like cardamom rather than tasting like a banana milkshake.
Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Well, adding sugar according to your need is up to you. If you are diagnosed with sugar or blood pressure issues, use sugar according to your doctor’s prescription.
Now, add in the vanilla ice cream. Remember, you can also use a vanilla accent in the banana shake. I’m using vanilla ice cream because my shake is thicker and creamier. But, if you want to make it with a less thick texture, you should add a vanilla accent.
Pour milk into the blender/mixture. I prefer using chilled boiled milk. Because by boiling milk, the bacteria in it are eliminated, and it is safer to drink. If you are a vegan or are allergic to dairy products, you can use non-dairy milk (plant-based milk).
Blend the mixture until it turns into a smooth, creamy, and thick textured mixture. If the mixture is thin, add another banana and blend again. And if the banana shake mixture looks thick, add more milk and blend again. This will dilute the mixture.
Pour the mixture into a serving glass and serve right away.
Banana Shake benefits
Banana shake is a nutritional drink with many benefits due to its enrichment in vital nutrients. The Banana smoothie benefits, which are more commonly known, are:
Works as an energy booster
Bananas are a major source of complex carbohydrates, which supply a regular flow of glucose to our bodies. As a result, the banana shake is required as a source of energy to finish a workout. In addition to that, banana shake also prevents cramps.
Source of minerals and vitamins
Bananas incorporate a lot of minerals and vitamins in it like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Therefore, the banana shake is a good source of nutrients for our body.
Helps you gain weight
Banana contains protein and carbohydrates, which creates lean muscle and provide energy. And these two vital nutrients play a major role in the weight gain process.
Provide calories, fiber, and protein
Banana shake has a lot of calories, fiber, and protein in them. One medium banana contains almost 100 calories. The fiber in the banana shake helps eliminate toxins from the body.
Maintain Circulatory Pressure
Banana shake is a high source of magnesium and potassium which helps in maintaining circulatory pressure and keeping our heart secure and healthy.
Make your skin healthy
Banana smoothie is really beneficial for our skin due to their vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that plays an important role in healing the skin and slowing the aging process. Banana Shake also reduces the acne and redness of your face.
Reduce Hair Fall
Adding a banana shake to your regular diet can aid you in getting luscious hair and reducing or even preventing hair loss. Banana comprises folic acid, which is a beneficial nutrient for hair and keeps them healthy and moisturized.
Improve libido and reproductive Health
Banana is a major source of potassium which increases testosterone production. Increased testosterone production means better libido for a man. The small quantity of magnesium, alongside manganese present in the banana shake, assists with prostate health in men.
Improves the Quality of Sleep
The potassium and magnesium in the banana shake relax the muscle and thus improves the quality of sleep.
Amazing Post-Workout Drink
Bananas are rich in complex carbohydrates that are beneficial in the muscular glycogen storage. Also, the potassium content of the banana shake prevents your muscle from cramping. Banana shake supply a regular flow of glucose which provide energy throughout our exercise. A post-exercise drink of a banana shake helps in losing weight and building fit and healthy muscle.
Protect our stomach
Banana protects our stomach against troublesome bacteria that cause gastrointestinal distress.
Banana Shake Side Effects
Though the Banana shake is a great nutrition drink with numerous benefits, it also has some harm for some people. The common disadvantages’ of banana shake are described here:
Not good for diabetic people
Banana shake incorporates lots of sugar. Further, additional ingredients like ice cream, yogurt or refined sugar in the homemade version of the banana shake elevates the risk of additional sugar. People diagnosed with diabetes should keep a check on the sugar level of the banana shake.
Makes you Fat (obese)
Banana shake is well known for its high calories and high protein content. This may be a helping hand for people trying to gain weight. But, it is not good for people that do not have such a goal. Therefore they should try the low-calories variant of the banana shake.
Can Make You Sick
Also, consuming banana shake every day might distress your digestive system as it is a very heavy drink. It can also be responsible for nasal congestion, colds and coughs.
Tips for making a perfect banana smoothie
- Add 2-3 strands of saffron in milk 30 minutes before making the shake. This will make saffron colored milkshake have a very delightful smell that praises the kind of cardamom
- Use ripe bananas as they are best for making a banana shake. Therefore, avoid unripe green bananas. Also big bananas are more yielding and give a really thick banana shake.
- If you are using dairy milk, then always boil the milk before making a banana shake. This will remove the entire harmful microorganism.
FAQ about Banana shake
Q: Does banana shake increase weight?
A: The answer to this question is different for different peoples. For some people it might work as a weight loss drink but for some it might turn out as weight gainer.
Q: Is Banana Shake Good for Weight Loss?
A: See the above answer.
Q: What Happens if We Drink Banana Shake Daily?
A: A banana shake is wealthy in calories and supplements and has numerous medical advantages. However, having a banana shake on daily basis can cause weight gain. A banana shake with sugars or frozen yogurt can increase sugar levels. Drinking just banana shakes as a daily diet for over three days could cause a lack of different supplements and influence stomach wellbeing.
Q: Is banana shake healthy?
A: Yes, the banana shake is a really healthy drink or beverage. Which contains a lot of vital nutrients and provides a lot of benefits?